Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Venturing into the blogging world!

Hello blogging world! I am venturing into the blogging world....again! This time I intend to update my blog at least once a week! :) Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have a terrific group of students this year. That's not to say I don't have challenges, I do. But they are sweet and try to make the right choices. We are getting ready for our Thanksgiving break. I know they are going to be very chatty and bouncy since it's only a 2 day week so I have some fun things planned. 

One thing we are doing is finishing up our "how-to" writing. We started with them telling me how to make a PBJ. As you can imagine, that didn't go well!! After a short class discussion and some guidance from me, they determined that they needed to do the activity as they are writing the directions. So I became "Queen for a Day" because I let them chew bubble gum in class!! I am using the "How to Blow a Bubble" packet by Simply Sweet Lessons. Click on her blog name to go to her blog or on the picture to go to her fabulous writing packet.

                                                              Bubble Blowing Blast!
I have also opened a store on Teacher's Notebook called Second Grade Fun. Right now there are only 3 items out there but I plan to add a lot more. I also plan to open a store on TPT in the near future. Once I figure out how to make a thumbnail of the cover page I will post them on my blog but in the meantime you can check them out here.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully someone out there will read this. Otherwise I'm just talking to myself! :)

Melissa




3 comments:

  1. Love your page! Expository writing is always challenging but can be loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Only two days this week with our energetic students...Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute page! I wish the teaches I had growing up had all been as involved and motivated as you! Your kids are quite lucky!

    ReplyDelete